CPI Florida Caribbean is Recruiting for this Position
Position: Vice President of People Development
Company: Growing Medical Services Company
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the EVP, HR and Administration
Career Partners International, Florida – Caribbean has been selected to conduct a retained executive search for this position. For consideration contact:
SVP & Managing Director
Career Partners International, Florida – Caribbean
407-771-4141 ext 244.
The Vice President of People Development will work closely with the EVP of Human Resources, Vice President of Learning and Development, Director of Recruiting as well as his or her People Development Consultants to provide the leadership and management skills necessary to support the field and corporate management.
Company’s key priorities are called its “Vital Few.” You will note one of the Vital Few is “Employee Engagement and Retention:”
- Exceed customer expectations
- Same store growth
- Increase productivity and profitability
- Acquisition of new customers
- Establish and execute operating processes to enhance current business and growth
- Employee Engagement and Retention
- Enhance and track healing outcomes
- Retain and renew contracts
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Contribute to the development and proliferation of company culture
- Build capability within the HR department for assisting field and corporate management in engaging employees and retaining talent.
- Uses quality tools, processes and measurements to define and solve problems.
- Coach and develop human resource generalists in becoming consultants and coaches to field and corporate management in effectively leading people.
- Provide leadership for delivering value to the organization through the timely delivery of plans for employee growth and retention.
- Develop metrics by which he or she will measure the results of initiatives for employee engagement and employee retention in order to demonstrate value and hold the organization accountable.
- Display and practice a visible, open, and motivated leadership style throughout the organization ensuring that direct reports and employees understand the vision, values, and culture required to provide excellent service.
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent and lead a high performance organization.
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Develop partnerships with SVPs in order to position employee engagement and talent development as a priority
- Develop the plan for implementing career paths/ladders resulting in a 5% increase in Program Director retention
- Build internal HR capability around employee engagement by preparing HR Generalists to mentor and consult with field management in having performance and career discussions to engage employees
- Conduct an employee engagement survey to measure improvement in employee engagement and a plan for addressing gaps
- In addition to measuring turnover, develop KPIs in order to measure leadership effectiveness related to employee engagement
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, experienced human resource professional with a successful track record of aligning employee and organizational needs to achieve business results. The finalist candidate will have at least ten (10) years of experience and be a recognized leader with a diverse background in serving dynamic, growing businesses. Additionally, he/she will have a strong record of accomplishment in the employee engagement and/or workforce development fields.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and capabilities:
- A strong foundation in organization development and change management
- A savvy human resource executive with a proven track record of achievement success in driving culture and deploying employee engagement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of quality tools for defining and measuring processes and systems in order to make process improvements
- Ability to thrive in a high growth private equity financed company.
- Strong leadership skills and people orientation, the ability to influence and coach both internal team members and field management.
- Experience in working as a team member of a high performing human resource management team using HR metrics as a foundation for continually improving effectiveness
- Verifiable track record of leadership skills with a focus on customer service excellence, accountability and continuous improvement.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and service a geographically dispersed customer base.
- Potential to become the successor to the EVP of Human Resources and Administration.
LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS (in order of importance)
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Evaluating and Deploying People Accurately
- Reads people accurately; can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential; knows what skills are required to fill a job or role; hires the best.
Develops Internal Talent
- Adept at recognizing employee strengths and areas of development in staff and can see the potential; builds a foundation of trust through taking sincere interest in team members; engages them in projects or work teams which contribute to their development; coaches and mentors team members to reach their potential for maximum contribution.
Has a High Energy Level
- Attacks assignments with an urgency of time; has a bias for action; has a work ethic which is contagious for those who work around or with him or her; is willing to put in the extra time and effort to produce a quality outcome.
Takes the Initiative
- Is able to anticipate needs based on the vision/direction of senior executives or the organization; does not always wait for direction; provides ideas, plans or initiatives before he or she is asked for them; invests him or her in the mission of the organization.
- Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
Keeping on Point
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivials; quickly senses what’s the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
Getting Work Done Through Others
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
Managing Work Processes
- Is an effective process, work flow, and systems designer; is good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; sets up systems that can almost manage themselves; is a master at the effectiveness and efficiency of work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem; always looking for incremental process improvement.
A highly competitive compensation package, which includes base salary and incentive bonus, and an equity package structured to reward corporate and individual performance. Relocation will be paid in a flat amount.