CPI Florida Caribbean is Recruiting for this Position
Organization: Junior Achievement of Central Florida, Inc.
Location: Orlando, FL
Reporting: Chairman, Board of Directors
Junior Achievement of Central Florida (JACF) empowers young people to own their economic success, plan for their future and make smart academic and economic choices. Our volunteer-delivered K-12 programs prepare all graduating students in Central Florida to be financially literate; grounded in free enterprise, leadership and entrepreneurial principles; and ready for the workforce. JA programs make a connection between lessons learned in the classroom and real-world applications — through relevant, interactive programming.
JACF is a “Not for Profit” organization with an operating budget of approximately $2.2M and a staff of 12 people, serving over 75,000 students, in excess of 4,000 classroom sessions, with a volunteer corps of over 3,000 people.
The organization is a well-known and respected entity in the Central Florida community, with a solid Board of Directors and strong support from many of the largest and most reputable employers in the region.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, JACF is seeking an outstanding President to lead the organization. The President JACF is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the organization. The incumbent in this position works in an environment that requires outstanding leadership attributes to excel in fundraising, board development, program execution, finances, public relations and administrative operations.
Fundraising and Financial Planning Analysis:
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising principles and sound judgment in goal setting
- Experience in developing and implementing effective fundraising campaigns
- Meet income goals
- Exhibit understanding of financial/accounting principles
- Operate within budget
- Create accurate financial conclusions
- Maintain accurate and timely financial reporting
Board of Director and Community Influence and Development
- Consistently gain board and community approval
- Maintain board diversity, attaining desired board member profile
- Facilitate board and community trust
- Conduct board orientation sessions
- Prepare agenda and materials for board meetings
- Be aware of and operate within organization structure
- Understand and promote organization goals
- Display influence, persuasion and leadership skills appropriate in all situations
- Maintain JA awareness in the community
- Exhibit effective planning skills and long term thinking
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans
- Monitor business, community, legislative environment for impacts on JA
Program Growth and Quality
- Set and attain program growth goals
- Understand Junior Achievement programs and implementation
- Sustain fidelity to program implementation models
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with educators and administrators
- Demonstrate customer orientation and focus in providing product/services
- Work within policies and directives of Board of Directors
- Maintain awareness and compliance to Junior Achievement Inc., federal, state, and local agencies
- Manage JA Area records in accordance to organizational standards and submit required reporting in a timely manner
- Execute banking-related functions
- Make hiring decisions resulting in high-quality performers
- Set and monitor realistic performance and accountabilities
- Develop and implement board approved staff incentive instruments
This is a wonderful opportunity for an executive to lead a fine organization with a relevant community mission. Pre-screened, selected candidates will be invited to interview in Orlando, Florida with the Search Committee at a TBD date around December/January. Final selection is expected to be made in January 2014.
This executive search is being managed by Newland Executive Search, the Retained Search Division at Career Partners International’s Florida Caribbean operations. For confidential consideration, at your earliest convenience and no later than November 22, please email your chronological resume (to include description and size of current/prior organizations and responsibility) and compensation expectations to: